19 September 2008

Just a Little Something

Hey all! Just wanted to pop on today and say a little something since I'll be out for the weekend and probably won't get a chance.
I'm headed down home tonight to pick up my talented and beautiful niece Ashlae. I'm bringing her up for the weekend so she can sing at the Mattoon, Illinois Relay for Life. She'll be on stage performing from 7:30-8 p.m. Saturday, September 20, 2008 at Peterson Park in Mattoon. I'm a hugely active member in the Relay, and last year I noticed a lot of local singers/performing up on stage during the Relay, so I asked if it was possible for Ash to perform. They thought it was a great idea, and I know how much she loves singing in front of new people. So it all worked out great for everyone - Ash gets new people to hear her sing, I get to show off my gorgeous, talented niece, and the Relay gets another performer to draw people's attention and get them involved in raising money to find a cure.
It also means that I get to chill out with my niece for the weekend, which will be cool. It'll be a good kick-back and watch movies, talk about her school and stuff (and I know she'll grill me on my latest writing projects), and have fun.
Since we're doing the Relay, I'm not going to bring my nephew R.J. up with me this time. Normally I get them both. But there will be a lot of time spent just walking the track at the park, and I think he'd be really really bored. So it'll just be the girls this weekend. I'll have to make it a point to go back down sometime soon and bring him up for a fun weekend with Aunt Billie, too.
Anyway, so that's the extent of my weekend plans (and my explanation for not blogging much over the weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
B.B. Walter

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Go Ashlae:) Hope you sang your little heart out last night:)

Sorry BB...S ran off with the laptop and couldn't email you. Sent a message to your MySpace though:)

pmrussell said...

OK. I found your blog. I couldn't find a link on your website. But here I am. Hope you enjoyed the big 'ol book expo. Next time we will need to do more advertising. Hope you got the pics I sent.